Culture and Tourism Open-air cinema returns to Famalicão Urban Rehabilitation Rehabilitation of the building Serafim and Esperança Oliveira in the centre of Famalicão received an Honourable MentionEducation Famalicense teacher is one of the ten finalists of the Global Teacher PrizeCulture and Tourism International Organ Festival with summer concert at the Main Church of RibeirãoCity Council “Post-Covid: The Major Challenge” is the theme of the 3rd Famalicão Made In Economic ForumCulture and Tourism Famalicenses watched more than 50 hours of cultural programming onlineEconomy More than 300 famalicenses companies benefited under the Retomar program Today We have a Market Square!Culture and Tourism City Council gives visibility to sites of archaeological interest to identify, preserve and protect heritageSport Famalicão revalidates title of Sport-Friendly MunicipalityEnvironment European Union approves Famalicão's application to mitigate the effects of climate changeEntrepreneurship and Innovation Re-Coffee creates coffee leather and shines with innovation Urban Rehabilitation Famalicão starts to build the City of the FutureInternationalization Famalicão and Fort Collins celebrate memorandum of understandingToday Famalicenses’s resilience and innovation awarded with Vision'25 StampCulture and Tourism The exhibitions are back to the Ala da Frente in Vila Nova de Famalicão.Environment Education and participation project in the Pateiras do Ave approved to the Environmental FundInternationalization Famalicenses across the World gathered to celebrate the Emigrant’s DayMusic Devesa Sunset for AugustMusic Salvador Sobral – Jazz na CaixaCulture and Tourism Dias à Mesa - Summer Special promotes gastronomy with discounts and securityGastronomy Dias à Mesa – CodfishAnimal Protection Famalicão will have an animal protection centreCulture and Tourism Famalicão has a summer proposal: Cheer up
YOUR PLACE

National Railway Museum – Lousado Centre

Largo da Estação
4760-623 Lousado – VNF

P: 00351 252 153 646
museuferroviario@famalicao.pt

Opening Hours:

Tuesday - Friday:
10:00 am – 5:30 pm

Weekends and holidays:
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm

Closed on Mondays, Easter and Christmas,

Free Admission
on

Lousado Centre is one of the poles of the National Railway Museum dedicated to the dissemination and preservation of Portuguese railway history. An alternative project to the former Museological Section opened to the public in 1979, by Armando Ginestal Machado.

Lousado Centre is installed in the former workshops of the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro de Guimarães. In 1927 it merged with the Companhia de Caminhos de Ferro do Porto à Povoa and Famalicão giving rise to the Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro do Norte de Portugal which, in 1947, it is managed by the current Companhia dos Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses (CP). Among the various spaces, the facilities refer us to the industrialization process in Portugal such as sawmill carpentry and section of lathes with machinery installed in the 19th century.

Considered one of the most relevant Centre in the Portuguese railway context, the permanent exhibition is made, chronologically from 1875 to 1965, showing its various typologies used over the years. In Thus, we find passenger material from 1874 to 1906; goods from 1888 to 1928; the 1931 luxury train, among others. The exposed collection comes from eight companies, three from the narrow track system around Porto, acquired in six countries, from thirteen builders.

National Railway Museum – Lousado Centre integrates the route “Famalicão Industrial Tourism”
.
Learn more about National Railway Museum
Visit the website